Wealthy Affiliate (“WA”) is many things to many people, even to the point of being called the best affiliate marketing program for beginners. I think it best to describe it as a training program with an emphasis on teaching you to create your own first class websites and lead you into the world of online business.
It will teach you everything you need to know to start your own online business.
- Operating since 2005 and has been growing consistently ever since.
- The two founders are still heavily involved and accessible.
- 100 % free to join – no credit card required for the “Starter Membership” which includes 2 free websites. Consider this to be a free trial that has no expiry date (you can even keep your two free websites for ever).
- Get as much free help as you need it, whenever you need it. They have successfully built what is known as the “WA Community”. This is very much the heart of WA – upwards of half a million people are members and there is nothing that hasn’t been asked and answered.
- There is no “spamming” allowed within the community.
- The community is supportive – negative and insulting comments from members is not tolerated.
- The training modules are clear, concise, easy to follow, and there’s over 1,000 of them!
- The training leaves no gaps – you will learn to build a complete, professional looking, functional website straight away.
- Live video training is offered – these classes are also recorded so you can watch later at your convenience.
- 1 on 1 coaching (only for first 7 days on Starter Membership).
- This “Starter Membership” will still cover more than enough content to enable you to start your own online business
- Once you upgrade to the Premium package, there are no “upsells” – you have access to everything.
- Hosting of your websites (up to 50) is included. This alone is a huge saving when compared to having other companies hosting them for you. The hosting is top-notch by the way which is crucial when operating online.
- SSL certificates are free of charge for sites hosted at Wealthy Affiliate.
- You can purchase your domains here – the process of searching for a domain name to purchasing, registering and then starting to build my site , took me less than 15 minutes. Very much a “one-stop shopping” location.
A personal note here – Even I, with my computer experience limited to surfing the net and emailing, had a site up and running within hours.
- There is so much free content with this program that I find it hard to say that upgrading to the “Premium Membership” is a negative, but it is true that if you want to take the advance training, have private access to the owners, unlimited live chat and website support, hosting of 50 websites as opposed to 2, and much more, you will need to upgrade.
- Remember that after the first 7 days in the Starter Membership, access to the live help feature will also not be available, unless you upgrade to Premium.
Wealthy Affiliate is for you, if………
- You want to learn how to start an online business.
- You already have a business but want to expand either locally or globally.
- You are looking to learn new skills in order to change your career.
- You want to upgrade your skills for use at your workplace.
- You have become wary of online scams that take money without offering any product in return.
- You are becoming concerned about the advances of technology in the workplace and feel left behind.
- You are retired or a stay at home parent and wish to take advantage of being at home to learn something new.
- You simply want to earn extra money but don’t have much, or any cash to invest right now.
- You are interested in learning how to build a website and always thought that you had to be a computer geek (trust me, you do not need any previous skills).
As you can see, it really is for everyone – your age, location, experience are not barriers.
The following is a summary of the training offered by Wealthy Affiliate:
Classrooms – Clear and concise instruction
- Getting Started
- WA Affiliate Program
- Keyword, Niche and Market Research
- Everything WordPress
- Authoring & Writing Content
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Engagement & Marketing
- Website Development & Programming
- Local Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Email Marketing
- The Wealthy Affiliate Platform
- Pay Per Click Marketing
Certification Courses – Courses to start and build your business.
- Online Entrepreneur Certification – Getting Started (Level 1)
- Building Your Own Traffic Producing Website (Level 2)
- Online Entrepreneur Certification – Making Money! (Level 3)
- Online Entrepreneur Certification – Mastering Social Engagement (Level 4)
- The Business of Content – Achieving Maximum Success Through Content Creation (Level 5)
Video Training – Detailed video demonstrations
The following are just a few examples of video classes available – a new class is added frequently:
- Content Writing
- Editorial Calendar
- Winning Niche Case Study Series
- Getting Started with Email Marketing
- Niche Brainstorm
- Getting Graphic with Images
- Ways to Get Your Content Noticed
- Finding High Traffic Keywords
- Power of Google Web Tools & Analytics
- Anatomy of the Blog Post Creation
- Elements That Build Site Trust
- Styling Elements for Increased Conversions
- Creating Graphics for Social Media
- Article Creation & Promotion
- Tips on Improving a Site’s Ranking
- You tell me the Niche, I Build the Site
- Effective Use of Images in Content
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Online Marketing
- Humanizing Your Brand
- How Site Speed Affects Rankings
- Social Media Breakdown
- Spring Cleaning Your Site!
- YouTube live Streaming
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Being an Amazon Affiliate
- Writing Reviews
- Hosting a Webinar
The support available comes in a few different forms:
If you have a technical question perhaps related to your website, simply submit a support ticket. I had an issue on one of my websites and, not being technically savvy, needed help. I submitted my support request and had the problem solved within the hour. This support is available 24/7 and response time is usually within a few minutes..
The Community Activity & Archive Page
This is the place where you can find the answers to just about every single question that you will probably ever come across – it is an amazing resource.
Anything related to building and maintaining your websites, the training, general internet issues, marketing, writing, ad blocking, buying domains, getting started, making money, even general motivation questions – you name it, it’s here!
Another great thing about this is that you can have what you might think is a really stupid question, but here you simply type in what you need to know and the solution will appear in the archives, no need for a Google or Yahoo search – no feeling embarrassed (not that you should anyway – we all started somewhere).
I just looked at the main page and here are a few topics on the current board:
- Writer’s Block – What Tips Work For You?
- About adding a YouTube Subscribe Button To Your Website
- How To Get People To Share Your Content
- Earned my First $
- How long does it take to create an online business?
- Attitude Adjustment
- Attempting to Create my Blog. Here goes
- Facebook I need some help please
- Don’t Beat Yourself Up
This is where the “WA Community” truly shows what it is about. Feedback is provided quickly, positively and it gives you an opportunity to join in and help others also.
Just join in the conversation, ask your questions. You will often find Kyle and Carson, the founders, here supplying input. Again, the topics seem endless.
Starter Membership: $0.00 per month.
Premium Membership: $19.00 first month, $49.00 per month thereafter, or $359.00 annually.
Is “Premium Membership” worth it?
In my opinion, a resounding yes.
You should try the starter membership first though to make sure it is for you. You will probably find that the resources provided, the training and support supplied, the sheer quality of everything available to you at such a reasonable cost, along with the belief that you now have the ability to finally start a genuine business for yourself, will all combine to convince you that it is worth it. It works for me.
Just one example that I would like to share with you on the benefits of premium:-
In the recorded section of the “live video classes” – only available to premium members – there are two complete “Live Niche Case Studies” that show a website being started from scratch, finding a name, designed, built and promoted, step by step, clearly demonstrated and explained – one of the sites was even making sales before it was finished! The other also included finding which niche to build a site in.
To me, those two video classes would be worth the price of membership alone but, of course, there is so much more.
Wealthy Affiliate is a unique, easy to follow program. You will become a website builder, an online marketer and learn everything you need to start your own online business. Most important of all, you will actually learn new skills.
The free trial takes away the risk as you will still learn an enormous amount, but to obtain the full benefit of what is on offer, you will need to upgrade to a premium membership.
The cost is remarkably low especially when you consider the sheer volume of material and resources available to you.
Do I recommend this to you? YES.
Do I recommend this to my own family? YES
Do I recommend this to all my friends? YES
Read Real Testimonials: READ REVIEWS HERE